Extra Crunchy show notes and links – http://cnet.co/2ljQ4kB Want iPhone 7 Plus battery life on the standard iPhone? Apple’s working on it. Subscribe to CNET: …

19 thoughts on “Apple’s ‘iPhone’ 8 looks to bring a bigger redesigned battery (Apple Byte Extra Crunchy, Ep. 73)

• February 25, 2017 at 9:08 am

Just got my first iPad, the iPad Air 2. One thing that annoys me is that Apple has installed it full of proprietary apps it wants to use as default. I just want to use Google's apps, which work fluidly across all devices and in collaboration with everyone else.

I use Google search, Chrome, Google Drive, Google photos, Google Sheets, Google Slides etc. but iPad has it's own Siri, Safari, iCloud, photos, which are all inferior. Can't even uninstall them. iPad has good hardware, but it's hindered by the software. Can't even remove them from view in the home page – gotta stuff them in a folder!

90% of the mobile OS devices on the market are Android and 85% of desktop/laptop OS devices are Windows. Wake up Apple and stop this walled garden tactic.

• February 25, 2017 at 9:08 am

Great job keeping up the show Tong while Beach is away 👊🏻

• February 25, 2017 at 9:08 am

iOS is still a better os then android hands down even if Apple feel behind in technology android will never come close to apples os

• February 25, 2017 at 9:08 am

They need to do this with the macbook pro, the iphone is good as it is but they just keep decreasing the size of the macbook pros battery and promising 10 hours of battery while in reality you get 2 to 5 hours.

• February 25, 2017 at 9:08 am

For my iPhone 5, cold weather made the battery completely unreliable. I replaced the battery myself (no warranty), and problem solved + way better battery life. I find it hard to believe that a software patch could fix the random dying issue.

• February 25, 2017 at 9:08 am

According to them "You can get an iPhone 8 early just by combing your iPhone 4+iPhone 4 or iPhone 5+ iPhone 3G but don'want combing iPhone 7 with iPhone 7 as you don't want iPhone 14! and be good at maths"